[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr issue with postgis

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Nov 28 14:08:07 EST 2003

>I thought I had changed the code to "launder" table names as well as
>field names.  Apparently I did not.

I thought you added a parameter to ogr2ogr to allow the laundering as an
option but I can't seem to find it.

Tyler

             Frank Warmerdam
             <warmerdam at pobox.
             Sent by:                  gdal-dev at remotesensing.org
             gdal-dev-admin at re                                          cc
             motesensing.org
                                                                    Fax to

             11/28/2003 10:39                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr issue with
                                       postgis

             Please respond to
             gdal-dev at remotese
                 nsing.org

Tommie M. Jones wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to use ogr2ogr on postgres7.4 and postgis. It converts tiger
> data to postgis. My command line looks like the following
>
> /usr/local/gz-packages/openev_FW/bin/ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL
PG:dbname=billboard TGR13001 -lco LAUNDER=YES

> I do a \dt and all the tables list.
> However when I try and look at an individual table the following happens.
>
> billboard=# select * from ZipPlus4
> billboard-# ;
> ERROR:  relation "zipplus4" does not exist
> billboard=# \d zipplus4
> Did not find any relation named "zipplus4".

Tommie,

The problem is related to use of mixed case in table names.  You need to
quote mixed case table names.  I think something like:

  select * from "ZipPlus4";

warmerdam at pobox.com