[Gdal-dev] Sinusoidal projection for MODIS images with OGR

Chris G. Nicholas cgn at globexplorer.com
Mon Oct 13 03:17:39 EDT 2003

you can also use the MODIS reproject tool, http://lpdaac2.usgs.gov/landdaac/tools/modis/index.asp, to get it in a projection that might perhaps be more familiar...

-----Original Message-----
From:	Ben Discoe [mailto:ben at vterrain.org]
Sent:	Sun 10/12/2003 11:11 PM
To:	gdal-dev at remotesensing.org
Subject:	RE: [Gdal-dev] Sinusoidal projection for MODIS images with OGR

Answering my own question here.. the values given by MODIS for lat/lon are
the center of the _image_, not necessarily the center of the projection.
When i tell OGR Sinusoidal, with dfCenterLong=128, the other params 0, then
the image appears more or less where i expect it.  It's still offset a bit,
but it's certainly in the right overall projection.  The offset is probably
due to ellipsoid differences, or some such.

Gdal-dev mailing list
Gdal-dev at remotesensing.org