[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate

David.Hildebrand at gov.ab.ca David.Hildebrand at gov.ab.ca
Wed Oct 22 16:44:29 EDT 2003

I have been trying to use gdal_translate with an HDF MODIS file.  How do I
specify a specific SDS from the file?  Do I specify it with the band
parameter or as part of the filename?  In the example below I want to
extract the first band from the "EV_1KM_RefSB" SDS and create aTIF file.

gdal_translate -ot UInt16 -b 2:1
Z:\modis\MOD021KM.A2003169.1845.004.2003170123719.hdf test
Input file contains subdatasets. Please, select one of them for reading.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Till later,
David V. Hildebrand
Conservation and Development Branch
Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
(780) 427-3558