[Gdal-dev] UTM to Lat/Lon

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Sep 3 18:01:58 EDT 2003

Matthew,
I haven't reprojected rasters with gdal before, but I did use the osr.py
python module to reproject some GPS point data from geographic to UTM.  I
can provide an example of this in my python-based GPS->PostGIS conversion
program if you are interested.

That said, I'm not sure that you must use WKT.  If I'm not mistaken, you
could also use EPSG numbers to specify your source and destination
projections.  You need to have the PROJ libraries setup and working, which
is the only dependency I know of.  But I find them so easy to use because
you can simply use a number (i.e. EPSG:4326) to specify your reference
systems, rather than a lengthy hard-to-read WKT method :]

Hope that helps you enjoy the blessing of GDAL.

Tyler