[Gdal-dev] Oracle OGR Segmentation Fault

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 4 10:55:37 EDT 2003

Wim Blanken wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Thank you for your answer. I think I found the problem. The Layers I tried
> to access didn't have a gid at all. I used ogrinfo with a layer that was not
> imported using ogr2ogr but had a gid. This layer worked allright. So i think
> ogr wants a gid with a unique record number.

Wim,

I am afraid my limited knowledge of Oracle is already growing rusty.  What is
a gid?  Is this the big oracle object unique id?  I thought every row had an
Oid?  In any event I reviewed the ogrocilayer.cpp code and it does not seem
to have any dependence on having an oid, or a gid.  If the OGR_FID is not
available it just assigns sequential FID's in the OGR features.

Is the gid a geometry id?  If so, I am pretty sure I have correctly returned
geometryless layers in some situations, if only with pass through SQL.

If there is anything you can do to let me reproduce this I am still willing to
try and reproduce and fix it on my Oracle system.