[Gdal-dev] Oracle OGR Segmentation Fault

Wim Blanken w.blanken at geon.nl
Thu Sep 4 10:08:14 EDT 2003

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your answer. I think I found the problem. The Layers I tried
to access didn't have a gid at all. I used ogrinfo with a layer that was not
imported using ogr2ogr but had a gid. This layer worked allright. So i think
ogr wants a gid with a unique record number.

Regards,

Wim Blanken

> Wim Blanken wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I am experimenting with ogr in combination with oracle and having the
> > following problem.
> > Using ogrinfo with layers that have been loaded using ogr2ogr is not a
> > problem but existing layers (not loaded with ogr2ogr) are producing
> > segmentation faults. I noticed that the ogr2ogr layers have an OGR_FID
> > column and that the other layers not. Is this the problem. Is there a
> > solutions to this problem?
>
> Wim,
>
> Ogrinfo and ogr2ogr are certainly intended to work fine without the
OGR_FID

warmerdam at pobox.com