[Gdal-dev] make install problem

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Sep 10 02:17:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:30:52AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> maybe a known problem, related to current CVS version:
>
>  make install
> does not copy any more
>  libgdal.1.1.so
> to the target directory (although it appears in the install ... command).
>
>  libgdal.a
> *is* copied.
>
> I have tested under Mandrake 9.1 and Redhat 7.3, the machines
> are unchanged. Some days/weeks ago it was working well.

Alessandro is playing around GDAL build infrastructure. I'm recommend
test his recent libtool additions (./configure --with-libtool). But you
will need to relink all other dependent software with -lgdal instead
of -lgdal1.1.

Old libgdal.1.1.so may be safely removed from system directory after
switching to new mechanism.

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517