R: [Gdal-dev] make install problem

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Wed Sep 10 03:55:09 EDT 2003

Markus,

> > maybe a known problem, related to current CVS version:
> >
> >  make install
> > does not copy any more
> >  libgdal.1.1.so

ouch! my mistake.
i thought install-sh would behave like the standard linux install,
which is not true in the case of multiple source files.
i will fix it ASAP.

Andrey,

> Alessandro is playing around GDAL build infrastructure. I'm recommend
> test his recent libtool additions (./configure --with-libtool). But you
> will need to relink all other dependent software with -lgdal instead
> of -lgdal1.1.

the very best way to link against gdal is probably somthing like:

LIBS	:= $(shell gdal-config --libs)

which works with both native and libtool builds and with older gdal versions
as well (hopefully back to may 2000 when gdal-config was first introduced)

cheers,
alessandro