[Gdal-dev] GDALWarp API: units aren't transfered to the transformed dataset

Brian Marchand bmarchand at ara.com
Tue Apr 13 14:24:46 EDT 2004

Hello,

I started using the GDAL warp API to re-project datasets. Certain
elevation grids such as SDTS files have elevation units in feet. This is
correctly captured by the GetUnitType method of the GDALRasterBand
class. However, after the transform the new GDALRasterBand objects do
not have units set. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the units should
be carried over or at least a SetUnitType method should be added. I'm
using the "MEM" driver as the destination dataset driver.

Is there a way to set the units?

I'm using GDAL 1.2.0

Thanks,

Brian