[Gdal-dev] RE: [ANNOUNCE] Support for MrSID DSDK v. 4.0.x

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Apr 27 13:11:11 EDT 2004

Andrey wrote:

> I have made significant changes in the MrSID driver to support the DSDK
> v.4.0. In fact the whole driver was reorginized and mostly rewritten, so
> bugs are possible. Please, test the new driver with the your old DSDK's
> (3.1 and 3.2) as well as with the new ones (4.0) --- all those libraries
> should be supported now.
>
> For Unix users configure magic should work to distinguish between the
> DSDK versions, MSVC users should use flags in the nmake.opt.

Sorry, but I've been out of town for a couple weeks and am only now catching up
on things... This is great news, thank you Andrey for doing this!

HOWEVER, everyone should be aware that our final 4.0 SDK has not been released
yet.  We have done a few "technology preview (TP) releases" (available by
request) and will do a few more before we ship the final SDK.  The API is still
settling down though, so any code based on the TP releases will need to be
updated.

I had planned to write a GDAL driver as part of our final 4.0 deliverable,
both to make as part of the SDK and to send to Frank and Andrey, but since
they've gotten the jump on it we'll presumably take Andrey's and do a
careful review of it; if there are any changes, etc, needed, we'll make sure
they get out appropriately.

-mpg

Michael P. Gerlek
Software Architect / MrSID team