[Gdal-dev] Problems building gdal dll with libtool on MinGW

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 18 01:06:58 EST 2004

Hi Andrey,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:15:37 +0300, Andrey Kiselev <dron at ak4719.spb.edu> wrote:

>We don't need to link with libm when compiling with MinGW. This problem
>was fixed few weeks ago.

Noted.

>> And if I understand libtool correctly (don't bet on that!), a dll
>> created with libtool needs libtool to link, right?
>
>No, it can be the drop-in replacement for gdal.dll, compiled with the
>MSVC. The only problem here is a C++ name mangling.

Well, I solved the problem: I built a "mini" GDAL static lib in Dev-Cpp (ie with no libtool, with
only a few drivers and not using the makefiles generated by configure) and will make a dll out of it
later using the a2dll script that comes with MinGW. As the author puts it:
"Also, until GNU libtool will allow seamless building of Win32 DLLs, you may build static lib (what
libtool of course supports) and then convert it to DLL"

Thanks for your support.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: