[Gdal-dev] ogr getnextfeature problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 14 10:02:49 EST 2004

Vladimir Slepnev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to be having a problem importing some shapefiles using OGR. When
> importing some GSHHS line data, OGR simply crashes on a GetNextFeature
> call somewhere near the middle of the feature list. When importing a
> dspoint.shp file (drainage data frow the DCW), not all the points seem
> to get imported - the points get clipped to a rectangle in geographic
> coordinates. The reason for the problem seems to be that OGR uses .shx
> files.
>
> I do not send the files because they are several megabytes in size.

Vladimir,

I think I will need example data to reproduce and fix this problem.  I would
suggest filing a bug in bugzilla and attaching the smallest dataset you can
find to reproduce the problem(s).

You mention the .shx file.  Are you suggesting your .shx file is out of
sync with the .shp file it relates to?  If so, there will indeed be
problems and other than providing somewhat more graceful error reporting,
it isn't obvious I would be able to fix it.