[Gdal-dev] Use TIFF functions embedded in gdal win32 DLL

Julien Demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Fri Jul 16 09:00:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I use libtiff (and also GeoTIFF) functions embedded in gdal shared library.
It works well on Unix/Linux, but on Win32 platform the TIFF functions
aren't exported (with CPL_DLL).
I understand that all libtiff functions aren't supposed to be exported,
because they are (supposed) only used internally for the TIFF GDAL driver,
and aren't in the GDAL API... (but this will be useful for me :-).
On the other hand, there are others functions (not in the API) used
internally which are exported in the DLL, as HFAOpen, all png_xx functions,
... (maybe because some embedded libraries for some drivers export
automatically their functions...)

Is it an easy solution for me to export libtiff functions in the GDAL DLL ?
The only solution I see is modify my local GDAL sources and add the CPL_DLL
macro for each TIFF function I use...

Thanks in advance,

Julien