[Gdal-dev] compiling GDAL 1.2.0 on Cygwin

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Mon Mar 29 18:33:15 EST 2004

Guidelines for Cygwin packages @
http://cygwin.com/setup.html

> Or even more places if you get the python stuff working.  For the purposes of
> use with GRASS I think you could skip the python stuff, and it is the trickiest
> stuff to get working on Cygwin.

The Cygwin Python stuff should compile and install fine.

<527> devel
$ popd
/src/gdal

<528> gdal
$ cd pymod

<529> pymod
$ cvs diff -u GNUmakefile

<530> pymod
$ cd

<531> nhv
$ python
Python 2.3.3 (#1, Dec 30 2003, 08:29:25)
[GCC 3.3.1 (cygming special)] on cygwin
>>> import gdal
>>> gdal.__file__
'/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gdal.py'

What problems are you seeing ?

Nomran