[Gdal-dev] Re: how to extract data from OGR

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 13 11:10:04 EDT 2004

Jacob Bensabat wrote:
> Hi and thanks a lot for your help
> Indeed I work using C++ instead of C. Please indicate if there are major
> issues that I should be aware
> of (so I can start on the right foot), sample code using c++ would be great.
> Also could you show how I can querry for PENS, BRUSHES, patterns etc.
> Sorry to bother, but while the lib. looks exciting, the learning curve is
> really steep.

Jacob,

I have placed the code used by MapServer to read OGR data on the web.  This
includes support for reading the style information and using it.  However,
this is *not* a simple example.  It is real live code with lots of complexity
not useful to you.

   http://gdal.velocet.ca/~warmerda/mapogr.cpp.txt