[Gdal-dev] Vector data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 8 13:36:57 EST 2004

William Lyons wrote:
> Hi again list,
>

> Does GDAL/OGR support any rendering of vector data independent of the
> Python interface?

William,

Nope, none that is part of GDAL/OGR itself.

Some noteworthy renderers built on top of GDAL/OGR include OpenEV and
MapServer.  OpenEV has some rasterization code for polygons that could
be extracted fairly easily.

Also, for an OGR user I am at this very moment (well the moments around
this message) writing a little OGR S57 renderer that uses GD to do the
rendering.  I could provide this as example code if you needed it.