[Gdal-dev] can't read netcdf file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 09:12:15 EST 2004

wlx wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I has installed the latest gdal(1.2.5.0,cvs version).
>     I can't view netcdf file,use the gdalinfo command:
>    gdalinfo mksrf_urban.cn
>    then the error message is:
>       Segmentation fault
>    My system is debian 3.
>    Is there any problem with it?

LiangXu,

There are definately some problems with the non-GMT netCDF support.  Radim
provided the changes to support non-GMT netCDF files, but he didn't have time
to implement full support.  If you can submit a bug report with your file
I will review the situation.  If this turns out to be a common problem, and
I find I still don't have time to fix up the driver I will disable it.