[Gdal-dev] Link errors with Ilwis in MS dotnet SDK

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Apr 14 21:39:16 EDT 2005

Hi Frank,

I'm using:
- Microsoft .NET SDK (which contains the core items such as nmake)
- Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2
- microsoft Server 2003 PSDK
- Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003

I know it seems weird, just that neither one of these SDK's contains all
utilities/files required to compile. It's a nightmare of missing/conflicting
.h, .obj, .exe and .lib files. Took me many days to sort out. I don't blame
you if you wouldn't want to tune gdal to it.

I did a clean compile (using the original package files), but Ilwis still
wouldn't work. But without Ilwis, gdal compiles and links completely (after
making the python dir a non-existing one). The executables in "apps" work
fine with the new gdal12.dll. But php_mapscript (versions 42 and 44) doesn't
like the dll. Although when I compiled gdal125, php_mapscript worked fine
with it. Has anything changed? Can gdal normally be compiled independently
from php_mapscript?

I did try it with Cygwin once (no errors), but I didn't get a DLL file
(executables seems to have all functionality package in it).

Regards,

Jacob