Fwd: [Gdal-dev] TIGER 2004se (second edition) is out - will ogr2ogrhandle it?

David Blasby dblasby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:29:05 EDT 2005

Roger,

I'm just in the process of loading TIGER data, and I've written some
documentation on how to do it.

The document is long and a bit raw (I'm waiting for our new machine to
arrive before I test on an area larger than NY); most of it is QA/QC
checks.  There's a bug in the OGR polygon building functions -- there's
a long document explaining how to rebuild the polygons using
postgis/GEOS commands.

A much more detailed summary is here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Load+TIGER+to+PostGIS
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Dealing+with+tigerpoly.pl+problems

Remember, this is a bit raw; I'll update it at the end of this week,
when our machine arrives.

I process the data into "raw" (what ogr2ogr spits out) data tables,
and I also build several tables of processed data.

dave