[Gdal-dev] Free OGRGeometry?

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Sun Dec 4 03:43:16 EST 2005

Craig,

Ogrinfo works great in both Debug and Release.  I don't use nmake.opt; like
many people, i consider command-line development to be a primitive relic of
the 1970s.  As soon each GDAL version is released, you'll find that i post
the MSVC solution/projects for GDAL/OGR to this mailing list.  Those are
harmoniously synchronized by Configuration.

Reminder: http://vterrain.org/dist/gdal131_vc71.zip

You could try to hack the "nmake" stuff to support both Debug and Release,
but it would be terribly complex and error-prone.  I did this myself for the
first couple years, it was always a struggle.

Each release, i have encouraged adoption of the MSVC files as an alternative
to the "nmake" stuff, but to date i don't see any mention of them on
http://www.gdal.org/download.html or http://www.gdal.org/gdal_building.html

Hope that helps,
Ben