[Gdal-dev] missing_value dods/opendap implemnetation (fix/patch) / Colormap

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 12 10:20:20 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, Rob Cermak <cermak at sfos.uaf.edu> wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I spent a lot of time scratching my head wondering why missing_value
> wasn't working as described for dods/opendap.
> http://www.gdal.org/frmt_dods.html
>
> Browsing through the code... it wasn't there.  Probably legacy from the
> netcdf/hdf drivers if you open a file locally :)  Anyways, I'm not a C++
> hacker, but I think I managed to add the support for missing_value.
> Makes the statistics and rasters via Mapserver/Mapscript much more usable
> :)

Rob,

I have applied your patch as provided.  I wouldn't normally
implement the SetNoData() method for a read-only format
like DODS, but it is harmless enough.

I have also taken the liberty of removing some of the old
code, READMEs and so forth from the gdal/frmts/dods
directory that applied to the earlier generation implementation
by James.  It has apparently been confusing to some folks.

Thank for your contribution!