[Gdal-dev] Aster L1A images

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Wed Dec 14 20:28:05 EST 2005

Anybody out there having problems working with Aster L1A data?

with GDAL-1.3.1 / FWTools1.0.0a4

during a gdalwarp of VNIR_Band[123]:ImageData
I am getting
    Band1      W    H
    Band2      W+1 H-1
    Band3N   W   H

where W is the band width and H is the band height.

visually there does appear to be pixel shift in band 2 relative to bands
1 and 3N

I checked the sensor telemetry bands by exporting with gdal_translate
and they all 'diff' the same.

I am seeing this with scenes that I acquired directly from EROS and from
scenes in the LP DAAC pool.
I checked L1A images from 2003, 2004, and 2005 and all have the same issue.

Aster scenes are about 118Mb and I can provide a link to a HDF if it
will help anyone.

C.