[Gdal-dev] Support for JPEG2000

Ming Su mjiesu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:20:37 EST 2005

Hello all,

I tired to use gdal to create Jasper JPEG2000 from GeoTiff file. The Jasper
libraries has already been built into the gdal. The following is my code:

        const char *pszFormatOut = "JPEG2000";
        GDALDriver* poDriverOut;
        poDriverOut = GetGDALDriverManager()->GetDriverByName(pszFormatOut);
         GDALDataset* poDstDS = poDriverOut->CreateCopy("Assessment.jp2",
poSrcDS, FALSE, papszOptions, NULL, NULL);

  Note: poSrcDS is the data source from a valid Geotiff file.

The following is the error message I got:

       ERROR 4: `Assessment.jp2' not recognised as a supported file format.

I stepped into the code and found it happed when tried to re-open dataset
and copy pam information. Inside this GDALOpen function( in
jpeg2000dataset.cpp ), I got the msg that is "Unable to read JP2 header
boxes", so the funtion return NULL.

Should I make the header box before copying the data? or shoud I use other
funtions instead of createcopy() to do it?

Thanks,

Mingjie