[Gdal-dev] extracing inwatera from vmap0

Tore Halset halset at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 20 03:27:08 EST 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 21:12, Tore Halset wrote:

> I want to extract the large lakes from vmap0 as shape files. This
> was ok for v0eur, v0sas and v0soa, but not for v0noa. No error
> message, but the feature count is 0. Is that correct or should I
> "fix" the dataset in any way?

Analyzed the execution with strace and found that the problem was
that my directory has a mix of upper and lower letters in the path:

./v0noa/vmaplv0/noamer/dq/a/E/

I solved this problem by creating lots of symlinks:

find . -type d > list
grep [A-Z] list > list.upper
for i in `cat list.upper ` ; do l=`echo $i|sed 's/^.*\///g'` ; (cd
$i/../  ; ln -s $l `echo $l | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'` ) ; done

After this fix ogrinfo found 152686 inwatera at hydro(*)_area polygons :)

Regards,
  - Tore.