[Gdal-dev] Building with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Fri Dec 30 18:04:57 EST 2005

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've followed the instructions on that page
and made the required changes to atlbase.h and atlwin.h, and installed
WTL. I then did a complete clean and rebuild of GDAL. However, I get the
same result as with the simple fix I reported earlier: the build no
longer complains about not finding atlthunk.lib, but I get a strange
failure to find MSVCR80.dll when trying to run any of the GDAL utilities
from the command line. Anybody else seen this? I wonder if it is a
"feature" of building win32 applications with visual studio 2005 express?

Cheers,

Sy