[Gdal-dev] Building with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 30 18:26:40 EST 2005

On Sat, Grudzień 31, 2005 12:04 am, Simon Perkins napisał(a):

> Thanks for the suggestions. I've followed the instructions on that page
> and made the required changes to atlbase.h and atlwin.h, and installed
> WTL.

I think WTL is not required but it won't hurt to have it. May be you will
like it :-)))

> I then did a complete clean and rebuild of GDAL.

Good news.

> However, I get the
> same result as with the simple fix I reported earlier: the build no
> longer complains about not finding atlthunk.lib, but I get a strange
> failure to find MSVCR80.dll when trying to run any of the GDAL utilities
> from the command line. Anybody else seen this? I wonder if it is a
> "feature" of building win32 applications with visual studio 2005 express?

Simply, C run-time library (latest version) can not be found.
There may small issues occur related to installation and including
.manifest  files. Try to follow instructions in this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15218

In example, find this missing library in
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd
and copy it to the the directory where you have exe'cs.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net