[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate Question

Paul Parisi ppp5150 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:17:07 EST 2005

I'm a new user and am running into a problem with the gdal_translate
utility. I'm trying to crop a Landsat GTIFF image to fit a smaller SRTM
elevation map. The documentation does not say what format the "ulx"
coordinates must be, so I tried the following:

gdal_translate -of GTiff -projwin -116.000168 38.000331 -114.999256
36.999143 Groom_1.tif Groom_1_Crop.tif

The program responded with:

Input file size is 8703, 7778
Computed -srcwin -16403 149400 0 0 from projected window.
Computed -srcwin falls outside raster size of 8703x7778

Are the coordinates in the correct form? I ran the gdal_translate program
from a win32 FWtools shell. I'm not a sophisticated user, so I apologize for
any dumb mistakes. I'm just trying to develop terrain for an open source
flight sim! :) Thanks!