[Gdal-dev] GDAL and DTEDs

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:28:18 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:19:27 -0500, Thom DeCarlo
<t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I think there are significant differences when you get to the DTED3,4,5
> formats. In particular, I think they use floating point, rather than
> integer, data.

Thom,

Ah, I didn't realize that.

> But, aren't those higher level products and formats were still classified?

At the very least the bulk of this data is classified which is why I haven't
had samples and haven't implement support.  I would *hope* that there
would be unclassified sample data produced in these product formats
though I haven't found it.