[Gdal-dev] GML and GDAL

Norman Barker normanb at comsine.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 10:00:07 EST 2005

Bruce,

I would like to help, but perhaps you use could explain by what you mean
by external users, and
'GUI less visualisation tool from an external GUI'? Perhaps it has been
a long day, but I can't grasp
what you mean.

I use GML in my client / server mechanisms as a way to encorporate
different data sources (NOAA / met office)
into one client.

In terms of 3D visualisation, then I would store my height fields in a
WCS, my features (vehicles, troops) in a WFS, and
back drops in a WMS. The GML parsing would be in the WFS, but you would
only be a stylesheet away from generating
these requests.

To keep it GDAL, I would use Mapserver WCS/WFS/WMS for all three!

If I have missed the point please rephrase.

Norman