[Gdal-dev] projection lost when translating HDF to GTiff

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 12 13:52:46 EDT 2005

Hi,
I gave up on compiling the HDF4 code myself and found that the binary bundle
will work with a couple of tweaks.

Anyway, I've got a bunch of ASTER DEM files that I need to convert to
geotiff and I'm losing the geographic projection info when I do the simple
"gdal_translate -of GTiff input.hdf output.tif"

I looked at the online docs and didn't see anything special needed to do
this translate. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Thom
--
Thom DeCarlo