[Gdal-dev] Building GDAL with eVC++ 4.0

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Mon May 30 14:14:38 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 11:21:01AM +0200, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> I'm trying to build (and port if necessary) GDAL using Microsoft
> eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 compiler. It is a kind of better Visual C++
> 6.0 compiler, so it supports some of new C++ features. So, I'd like to
> ask a few question:
> 1)Has anybody built GDAL with eVC++ 4.0?
> 2)Is there any documentation for CPL?

Mateusz,

It is not easy task to compile GDAL with the Embedded VC (but it is
possible, I am sure). The main problem is that we do not have a way to
automatically determine the embedded modification of the VC compiler. Of
course, we can use a special option in the nmake.opt file, but this is
not implemented yet. The main work is in proper header guards placement.

The problem is not in GDAL only, all supporting libraries (libtiff,
libjpeg, libpng, zlib, proj4) should be revised too.

Regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517