AW: [Gdal-dev] Having problems with gdaladdo

uwe.schmitz at lverma.nrw.de uwe.schmitz at lverma.nrw.de
Mon Nov 14 04:34:58 EST 2005

Frank,

> CPLErr GTiffDataset::FlushBlockBuf()
>
> {
>     int		nBlockBufSize;
>     CPLErr      eErr = CE_None;
>
>     if( nLoadedBlock < 0 || !bLoadedBlockDirty )
>         return CE_None;
>
>     SetDirectory();   <-- add this line
>
>     if( TIFFIsTiled(hTIFF) )
>         nBlockBufSize = TIFFTileSize( hTIFF );
>     else
>         nBlockBufSize = TIFFStripSize( hTIFF );

just recently I hit the same problem. After applying
the patch and doing a

gdaladdo -r average x.tif 2 4 8 16 32

only the first three overviews are correct. The fourth
and fifth are black (checked with irfan view and
tiffsplit).

I must mention that this only occurs if the
planar configuration tag is "single image plane".
With "seperate image planes" all overviews are
ok.

Thanks in advance
Uwe
... Uwe Schmitz  Landesvermessungsamt Nordrhein-Westfalen
... Muffendorfer Str. 19 - 21              D - 53177 Bonn
... E-mail:       uwe.schmitzNO at SPAMlverma.nrw.de
... Internet:     http://www.lverma.nrw.de