[Gdal-dev] Importing VMAP0 into PostGIS database;

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Sep 6 01:35:00 EDT 2005

Hello Frank - man, you are really busy making 'your' users happy !

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Are you getting an error message output?  If not, it may be that
> the VRF driver doesn't even realize it is doing something wrong.
> Does it fail the same way always for chunks that fail?

Actually I'm selecting 30 different VMAP0 layers and import each of
them from every of the four VMAP0 datasets. After the import was done I
made an export from the PostGIS-DB into one shapefile for each layer
and by watching these in QGIS I realized that the north-american part
was missing from three layers.
I was seeing a similar effect when I forgot to provide the required
login information for the PostGIS-DB to 'ogr2ogr', which then failed
with returncode "0" as well. I didn't get any error message at all.

The process I'm doing here is a bit long-winded and takes a few hours
until I can tell if the failure is reproducible.

Cheers,
	Martin.