[Gdal-dev] mingw build, MSVCR71.DLL problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 22 14:02:48 EDT 2005

On 9/22/05, Pete Nagy <Peter.Nagy at vexcel.com> wrote:
>   My question is, can anyone explain the use of msvcr71.dll with gdal?
> This is a newer dependency; I just needed to grab it when I went to 1.2.6.
> Why is it needed instead of msvcrt.dll?  Any ideas why the gdal.dll does
> not have this dependency, and the python module does?  Any ideas of
> workarounds?

Peter,

My understanding is that MSVCR71.DLL is what is used by
Visual Studio.NET built applications and that Python 2.4 binaries
are now normally built this way.  Is it possible that switching to Python
2.4 actually introduced this requirement?

I don't know a good solution, though switching back to Python 2.3
would likely help.