[Gdal-dev] GML support

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Fri Sep 30 08:23:35 EDT 2005

While working on a task to convert ESRI shape files to ASCII then back
to binary I noticed there is support in GDAL for converting the geometry
to GML.  I did not see anything to convert the feature data to GML did I
miss something or is it not available yet?

I am currently working with version 1.20.  I know there are later
versions but I use several different packages and had stop upgrading
every time a new release came out for code stability reasons.

Is there more GML support in the current version?

Has anyone written a shape to GML and GML to shape application yet?

Bruce