[Gdal-dev] Debug assertion failed

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Dec 7 09:45:54 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
> I am compiling GDAL/OGR-1.3.2 and I have still errors about "debug
> assertion failed".
>
> Is what these errors can come from the work environment ?

Jean,

Please, provide more details about operation you run which throws "debug
assertion failed".
What exactly do you run, ogrinfo.exe or your own program?
If you run your own program, could you step-in under debugger to see
where is the assertion caught? What line, context.

> I work under Windows XP Pro (v2002) SP2. I compile with Visual C++
> 2003 with project files of GDAL/OGR.

It shoul work.

> Which is your environment of work ?

I compile GDAL on Windows XP using Visual C++ 2005, using makefile.vc
from GDAL distribution:

nmake /f makefile.vc

I run GDAL utilities, I run my own programs and I've not met any
assertion caught.
AFAIK, Frank uses Visual C++ 2003. So, I'd call it's a environment
perfectly supported by GDAL.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot