[Gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with Visual Studio .net 2005

Jean-Daniel GONON jdgonon at gi-lemans.com
Mon Dec 11 10:22:57 EST 2006

Hi,

I work on DGN v8 compatibility with GDAL.
I'have got some difficults to compile GDAL with Visual Studio .Net 2005.
I got all files on the vterrain's webpage
(http://vterrain.org/Distrib/gdal.html) and i follow the steps. I have
got some linkage errors (35) on xercesc like this:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: __thiscall xercesc_2_3::DefaultHandler::DefaultHandler(void)"
(__imp_??0DefaultHandler at xercesc_2_3@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function
"public: __thiscall GMLHandler::GMLHandler(class GMLReader *)"
(??0GMLHandler@@QAE at PAVGMLReader@@@Z) gmlhandler.obj

Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class
xercesc_2_3::InputSource * __thiscall
xercesc_2_3::DefaultHandler::resolveEntity(unsigned short const *
const,unsigned short const * const)"
(?resolveEntity at DefaultHandler@xercesc_2_3@@UAEPAVInputSource at 2@QBG0 at Z)
gmlhandler.obj
Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void
__thiscall xercesc_2_3::DefaultHandler::resetDocument(void)"
(?resetDocument at DefaultHandler@xercesc_2_3@@UAEXXZ) gmlhandler.obj

Error 34 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall GMLReader::SetFeatureProperty(char const *,char const *)"
(?SetFeatureProperty at GMLReader@@QAEXPBD0 at Z) referenced in function
"public: virtual void __thiscall GMLHandler::endElement(unsigned short
const * const,unsigned short const * const,unsigned short const *
const)" (?endElement at GMLHandler@@UAEXQBG00 at Z) gmlhandler.obj
Error 35 fatal error LNK1120: 34 unresolved externals
Debug_DLL/gdal13d-vc8.dll

Is it possible to compile GDAL with Visual Studio .Net2005? Could you
give some details about your Visual Studio .Net2005 developpement
environement?

Best concerns,

Skouna Vongphouthone
Développeur