[Gdal-dev] gdal1.4.0beta2.tar.gz contains gdal1.4.0beta1 code???

Dori izzybitsie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:30:50 EST 2006

Hi,

I have already tried to use gdal by downloading FWTools updated with beta2
and a problem I experienced with previous gdal version is still there(pls.
see below description of original problem).  So, I decided to try on a
different computer with gdal package.
I downloaded gdal1.4.0beta2.tar.gz package from gdal.org yesterday.  I
compile the source code and install gdal on a Ubuntu Linux PC.  All seemed
to be OK.  However, when I tried to find out if the proper version was
installed by running: "gdalinfo --version" , I got version
1.4.0beta1version installed.
I didn't install beta1 before in this PC.  Does anyone have an idea if this
is just a bug and the version is beta2 although the --version says is
beta1?
I need to use beta2 since the fix I needed was supposed to be included on
this version.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM: running gdal_merge.py -pct -o output.tif -pct in1.tif
in2.tif where in*tif = geotiff images with one band and same color table,
gave me a full black out.tif.
This was reported as a bug and it was fixed according to bugzilla report for
1.4.0beta2.

You can find the input images here if you would like to give it a try:
http://www.mediamax.com/izzybitsie/Hosted/AS_GMSSO_00_20061122205634.tif
http://www.mediamax.com/izzybitsie/Hosted/AS_GMSNO_00_20061122205548.tif.gz

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Tx