[Gdal-dev] [ANN] First release of GDAL/OGR for Windows CE

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Feb 21 17:22:39 EST 2006

Hello,

After 22 weeks ;-) of the initial post
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel/5025)
I'm very glad to announce the first release of GDAL/OGR
port for Windows CE.

Two days ago I commited all files and changes to the official GDAL CVS.

Here is a list of features and my comments to the current state of work.

GDAL/OGR for Windows CE features:
- all base OGR API and modules (port, ogr)
- subset of OGR drivers (ogr\ogrsf_frmts): generic, mitab, shape
- wcelibcex - extension to C library on Windows CE

Features not included in GDAL/OGR for Windows CE:
- in fact, this port does not include rasters support
- GEOS has not been ported yet, so OGR for Windows CE
   compiles without GEOS support (work is in progres)
- OGR drivers not listed in features list abov

Untill now, I managed to build GDAL/OGR with eVC++ 4.0 and use it on my
device running Pocket PC 2003 (Windows CE .NET 4.2).

NOTE: As you may noticed, I call this port as GDAL/OGR but, in fact,
currently it only includes OGR - vectors support. Simply, I hope it will
become more complete port of GDAL, with rasters support, in future ;-)

I'd like to thank:
- Frank Warmerdam for GDAL/OGR and priceless support he provide me
- Taxus SI Ltd. from Poland for their great support
- Users from IRC #gdal channel

How can I report a bug?
Visit Bugzilla on http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org
Bug Writing Guidelines:
http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html

How can I contribute?
- you can build GDAL/OGR for Windows CE and report problems if any
- you can try build/port new OGR drivers
- you can test GDAL/OGR on different Windows CE devices
- you can write sample applications using GDAL/OGR
- if you have found a bug, please report i

For building instructions and more detailes read README file in
gdal\wince directory from the official GDAL CVS:
http://www.gdal.org/download.html

If you have comments or questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net