[Gdal-dev] adding new readers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jan 21 17:52:02 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, Robert Soricone <rsoricone at usgs.gov> wrote:

> I've just created 2 new readers, which are derived from rawdataset.  If I
> add either one of the drivers to the gdal tree, everything runs fine
> (gdal_translate, gdalinfo...).  If I add both drivers to the gdal tree at
> the same time, the output from the apps (which seem to be running fine for
> the new drivers) is appended with the either:
>
> Open GDAL Datasets:
>   1 N DriverIsNULL 512x512x0
>
> or
>
> Open GDAL Datasets:
>   Segmentation fault
>
> Does this indicate a problem with my drivers, or did I add the drivers to
> the tree improperly?

Rob,

I'm sorry, but there just isn't enough information here for me to
diagnose your problem.

I will say that:

 o When you are adding driver you should take care to not
    use the same short name for the drivers or they will conflict.
 o The above open datasets message indicates a dataset with zero
    bands.  Zero band datasets can be quite problematic for some
    applications.