[Gdal-dev] [Fwd: [Geotools-devel] Google Summer Of Code]

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:38:55 EDT 2006

Dear Mr Loskot,

I can quote one of the errors encountered during the building process:

C:\gdal\frmts>cd gtiff   && nmake /NOLOGO /f makefile.vc   && cd ..
        cl /nologo /MD /EHsc /Zi /Fd..\..\gdal.pdb -I..\..\port -I..\..\ogr
-I..
\..\gcore  -I..\..\alg -Ilibtiff -Ilibgeotiff /c tifvsi.cpp
tifvsi.cpp
C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\swprintf.inl(41) : error
C2664
: '_vswprintf_c_l' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to '_locale_t'
        Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
explicit ca
st
C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\swprintf.inl(51) : error
C2664
: '_vswprintf_c_l' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to '_locale_t'
        Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
explicit ca
st
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\cl.EX
E"' : return code '0x2'

I dont remember how I have solved this error, but after compiling the SWIG
wrapped C++ files into DLLs using NMAKE ( makefile.vc needs a little edit),
I wasn't able to exploit the DLL from eclipse (although the
java.library.path was properly set) due to problems with the
MSVCRT80.dlllibrary.

Best Regards,
Daniele

(Daniele is an italian male name, while Daniela is a female name ^_^ )