[Gdal-dev] [Fwd: [Geotools-devel] Google Summer Of Code]

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 6 14:02:24 EDT 2006

Hi Daniele,

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> Dear Mr Loskot,
>
> I can quote one of the errors encountered during the building process:

> C:\gdal\frmts>cd gtiff   && nmake /NOLOGO /f makefile.vc
> <http://makefile.vc>   && cd ..
>         cl /nologo /MD /EHsc /Zi /Fd..\..\gdal.pdb -I..\..\port
> -I..\..\ogr -I..
> \..\gcore  -I..\..\alg -Ilibtiff -Ilibgeotiff /c tifvsi.cpp
> tifvsi.cpp
> C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\swprintf.inl(41) :
> error C2664
> : '_vswprintf_c_l' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to '_locale_t'
>         Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
> explicit ca
> st
> C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE\swprintf.inl(51) :
> error C2664
> : '_vswprintf_c_l' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'void *' to '_locale_t'
>         Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an
> explicit ca
> st
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\cl.EX
> E"' : return code '0x2'
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you provide some details about your nmake.opt file?
Have you edited/customized this file for your needs?

> I dont remember how I have solved this error, but after compiling the
> SWIG wrapped C++ files into DLLs using NMAKE ( makefile.vc
> <http://makefile.vc> needs a little edit), I wasn't able to exploit the
> DLL from eclipse (although the java.library.path was properly set) due
> to problems with the MSVCRT80.dll library.

What you mean "problems with the MSVCRT80.dll" ?

Note, that with VC++ 2005 (no matter what edition) new policy has been
introduced, msvcrt80.dll named to msvcr80.dll etc.
So, you need to deploy all dependencies DLLs to machines you are going
to use your application/library.

See this thread:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=178742&SiteID=1

> (Daniele is an italian male name, while Daniela is a female name ^_^ )

Forgive me my faux pas and thank you for the explanation.
BTW, Mateusz is polish male name :-)

p.s. I'd suggest to continue our discussion direcly on our e-mails,
out of the gdal-dev list.
So, please send your reply to me on mateusz at loskot.net

Cheers
--