[Gdal-dev] GDALDatasetComputeStatistics()

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 13 14:23:18 EDT 2006

Ivan Lucena wrote:
> Frank,
>
> That is great!
>
> But don't forget to add it to the Python API.
>
> I personally don't see the need to call "ComputeStatistics" because I
> can do it in my own process loop, but I will love to use "SetStatistics"
> (that is not in the C API either).

Ivan,

I have added SetStatistics() and GetStatistics() to the NG bindings.
I haven't added ComputeStatistics() since I don't know what to do with
the progress function, and without the progress function ComputeStatistics()
isn't much different than GetStatistics() with bForce=TRUE.

> My suggestion is to pass Min, Max, Mean, and StdDev as address and use
> NULL as an indicator of NODATA. So, people like me will send only Min
> and Max.

Well, the SetStatistics() call was already defined, and I'm loath to change
it.  So currently there is no mechanism to set partial statistics.