[Gdal-dev] Building DLL's on Windows

Antoine Hue tonio_73 at tiscali.fr
Thu Jun 1 16:03:45 EDT 2006

Le 31 mai 06, à 12:44, Ari Jolma a écrit :

> Adding to this same theme, I managed to compile GDAL in MinGW+MSys,
> libral with GDAL and Perl in plain MinGW+dmake.exe,

Hello Ari,

what is the version of MinGW and gcc you have been using. We have tried
to build gdal on MinGW with gcc 3.2.?, it requires some tweaking of the
jpeg code to get it straight:
-  gdal1.2.6/frmts/jpeg/libjpeg/jpeglib.h : line 82 add : typedef int
boolean;
-  gdal1.2.6/frmts/jpeg/libjpeg/jmorecfg.h : comment line 229
With gcc 3.4.? (latest version available in MinGW), there is a type
cast issue.

With gdal 1.3.1 it was even more complex, we did not manage to make it.

Antoine