[Gdal-dev] GDALColorEntry? GDT_CInt16?

Marc A. Lepage mlepage at pyxisinnovation.com
Wed Mar 8 16:31:58 EST 2006

After reading the docs, I remain confused about the exact types (and
ranges) of data in a few cases.

A GDALColorEntry has 4 shorts representing (e.g.) R, G, B, A. Are they
storing values from 0-255, or 0-32767? (I am assuming they are signed.)
When I get a value (say c1 representing red), how should I be reading
its value?

For complex GDALDataType GDT_CInt16, is that a single 16-bit quantity
which is to be read as two 8-bit quantities? Or is it two 16-bit
quantities? Are they signed or unsigned?