[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.2 Release Candidate

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 2 21:00:09 EDT 2006

Mac OS 10.4.6/Universal build went smoothly.  DAP 3.6 now working.
Static lib linking working again for OS X (the convenience libs bug).

I had 2 problems with the 1.3.2 gdalautotest:

- the sample DODS server used timed out.  (so, the DAP 3.6 compile
worked, but I don't know if it's really working yet)

- I get a failed assertion on the Idrisi test 3:

Running tests from gdrivers/idrisi.py
   TEST: idrisi_1 ... success
   TEST: idrisi_2 ... success
   TEST: idrisi_3 ... posixio.c:396: failed assertion `extent != 0'
Abort trap

maybe another icky OS X thread issue?  I get the same error when
doing the same test manually with gdal_translate.  Bug report time,
or is it an easy/obvious fix?  I don't want to hold up the release
too much on another OS X bug.  Yet James Hopper mentioned that his
test on OS X went without a hitch on the beta 2.  Hmm.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy