[Gdal-dev] Numeric/NumPy and gdalnumeric.py

Didrik Pinte dpinte at itae.be
Thu May 11 04:17:54 EDT 2006

Le jeudi 11 mai 2006 à 03:22 +0200, Mateusz Łoskot a écrit :
> Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> > So, the main issue is about transition gdalnumeric.py to use new NumPy
> > module. As I talked with Frank on the #gdal channel, the idea is to not
> > transit to NumPy completely, but also support old Numeric package.
>
> Howard suggested on the #gdal to solve it in following way:
>
> - NG Python bindings support NumPy package
> - old traditional Python bindings support old Numeric package
>
> Personally, I like this approach.
>
> What do you think?

That's a good idea.

I will test the ng-python module with my problematic scripts and see
what kind of problems i'm facing.

Little question : i've installed swigwin 1.3.29 and modified the gdal
nmake.opt to point to the swig executable. Do I have to change something
else in order to get the -ng-python bindings functionnal ?

Didrik