[Gdal-dev] Ask: the error when I use gdalinfo.exe

lky moon_inwell at 163.com
Tue May 23 03:51:07 EDT 2006

Hi,all:

I use the gdalinfo utility to test opening and reporting of the jdem format as the article "GDAL Driver Implementation tutorial" said. But I met the following error, I don't know why this happen. I hope your help.
Command line : gdalinfo jdem
Error info:
ERROR 4: 'jdem' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

GDALOpen failed - 4
'jdem' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

Thanks for your help

Kun-Yang Li From China