[Gdal-dev] does gdaltindex support MapInfo GIF+GIF format?

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at gmail.com
Mon May 29 05:19:08 EDT 2006

Hi All,

yesterday I've solve this problem with the first solution. I summarize below
how I've done it.

first of all, the second soluttion is not possible, because if you use the
gdal_merge.py command, the projection information i.e. wld files are
required at the same time.

I've programmed with VB6:
1. read the *.txt file into the TextStream object
2. analyse the TextStream, get the useful info for the worldfile
3. write the data with the roration information to a new text file with the
.wld extension
4. convert all the GIFs to TIFs --- this step is optional
5. tile the images

that's it.

best regards

zhonghai