[Gdal-dev] RFC 5 - Implications for Scripting

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Nov 2 13:05:31 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Andrey,
>
> When you get a chance to another pass on RFC 5, I'd appreciate you
> addressing implications for scripting language.  Do we need to change
> anything with our swig wrapping to map properly into script language UTF8
> or multibyte string types?  It seems like we probably would.

Swig docs do not seem to mention UTF8 at all, so it is probably up to
every language to check and take care of this issue with their own
tools. For example Perl has good tools for this. In general I think this
would be a welcome thing but every time I have tried to understand well
Unicode my head has started to hurt.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma